CREWS from Cornwall’s Fire and Rescue Service were called to a report of a tumble dryer which was on fire in Market Street, Launceston on March 15.

Two appliances from Launceston and Callington attended the call where, on arrival, crew members were challenged with a room in the property which was full of smoke.

Crews used two breathing apparatus to investigate.

A spokesperson from Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service explained: “Firefighters confirmed there had been a small fire involving towels within the tumble dryer.”

It was reported that the tumble dryer was removed from the premises and the building was ventilated before crews left scene.